About Ghostface Killah
With his unconventional delivery, gritty storytelling, and offbeat sense of humor, Wu-Tang Clan rapper and solo star Ghostface Killah is among the most respected MCs of all time.
• During Wu-Tang’s early years, Ghostface Killah would cover his fast with a stocking cap. Rumors suggested he was wanted for robbery, but the mask was just part of his persona.
• The name Ghostface comes from the 1979 kung-fu film Mystery of Chessboxing, while the rapper’s alias Tony Starks nods to the Marvel superhero Iron Man.
• Ghost is the first rapper you hear on Wu-Tang’s classic 1993 debut Enter the Wu (36 Chambers).
• After a supporting role on Wu bandmate Raekwon’s 1995 album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…, Ghostface made his solo debut with 1996’s Ironman. The album hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and went platinum.
• Each of the rapper’s first five albums, from Ironman to 2006’s critically acclaimed Fishscale, went Top 5 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
• Ghostface has appeared on TV series like 30 Rock and Luke Cage and in such films as Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and
HOMETOWNNew York, NY [Staten Island]
BORNMay 9, 1970