The experimental producer-singer duo THEY. blend pop, hip-hop, and R&B while continually working with some of the hottest artists in their native L.A.
• Dante Jones and Drew Love decided to join forces after meeting in Los Angeles. Early on, they received insightful pointers from super producer Timbaland.
• Some of THEY.’s wide-ranging influences include Taking Back Sunday, Babyface, Kurt Cobain, and New Edition. The rock inspiration can be heard on songs like “Motley Crew” and “Dante’s Creek.”
• The duo made their formal debut in 2015 with the Nü Religion EP but didn’t break out until their 2016 track “Working For It,” featuring Skrillex and ZHU. Indonesian rapper Rich Brian eventually hopped on a remix.
• After dropping the album Nü Religion: Hyena in 2017, THEY. showed their collaborative spirit with the Fireside EP, which features artists like Wiz Khalifa, Jeremih, Ty Dolla $ign, and Jessie Reyez.
• In 2020, THEY. released their sophomore album, The Amanda Tape, which tackles romance as well as social issues and features Tinashe, Juicy J, and Wale.