French DJ and producer Tchami is the Michelangelo of the hard house movement and modern club scene.
• He famously wears a clerical collar on stage and sermonizes atop four-on-the-floor beats—all while positioned in front of a stained-glass window backdrop.
• Tchami notched his first major credit when he worked on “Applause” for Lady Gaga’s 2012 album Artpop. They rendezvoused again in 2020 when they collaborated on her chart-topping record Chromatica.
• His 2015 single “After Life” was a hard house anthem that echoed through the global club circuit and even spawned an official remix from DJ Snake.
• In 2015, Tchami launched the label CONFESSION, which has helped catapult the careers of many mainstays in the house music circuit, including BROHUG, Noizu, and Gerry Gonza.
• He tapped frequent collaborator and ski-mask-wearing fellow Frenchman Malaa for 2018’s joint No Redemption Tour. That year, they released a collaborative EP under the same name.
• Despite nearly a decade of success, Tchami didn’t release a full-length album until 2020’s exceedingly melodic Year Zero, featuring ZHU and Gunna.
BORNMay 12, 1985