Dubstep DJ and producer Subtronics is best known for the 2019 viral hit “Griztronics,” a collaboration with fellow electronic artist GRiZ.
• Subtronics is the EDM alias of Jesse Kardon. Growing up in Philadelphia, he played the drums and listened to Radiohead before discovering dubstep in high school.
• Since arriving on the scene in the mid-2010s, he’s scored major streaming hits with DJ/producers Rusko (an early influence), Kayzo, and SNAILS.
• Through his popular Now That’s What I Call Riddim mix series, which ran from 2017 to 2020, Subtronics blended his own dubstep track with those by other artists.
• In 2019, Subtronics teamed up with self-proclaimed “future funk” sensation GRiZ for “Griztronics.” The song blew up on TikTok, went Top 10 on Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart, and appeared on the pair’s three-song Bangers.Zip collaboration.
• In 2020, Subtronic joined the Canadian duo Zeds Dead in remixing the Minneapolis hip-hop duo Atmosphere’s “GodLovesUgly.”