Famous for being the “loudest” DJ in the bass music scene, Excision leads the community with innovative productions. He’s also founded two record labels and an annual dubstep festival.
• He grew up listening to mostly hip-hop and metal, taking influence from metal’s heavy guitar riffs and hip-hop’s tempo and flow.
• An early adopter of dubstep’s grimy sound, he broke out with 2009’s Boom EP, featuring UK-based Flux Pavilion and fellow Canadian Datsik.
• All four of Excision’s studio albums have made Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart, and three went Top 10. He’s also released numerous compilations, EPs, DJ mixes, and singles.
• In 2013, he formed the dubstep trio Destroid, with Downlink and KJ Sawka joining on midi guitars and drums.
• He earned the title of “loudest DJ” in 2012 when he went on tour with an ear-busting 100,000-watt sound system. He upped the voltage again in 2014 with a 150,000-watt unit, and he continues to perform remarkably loud concerts.
• Dedicating himself to heavy sounds, Excision launched the dinosaur-themed, bass-centric Lost Lands Festival in 2017.
• His most popular tracks are some of his more recent ones—many of which incorporate more melodic elements to expand his sound.
HOMETOWNBritish Columbia, Canada
BORNApril 29, 1986