South Florida musician Ghostemane makes viral songs and videos merging hip-hop with hardcore and death metal.
• The Palm Beach County native got into music as a guitar-playing 14-year-old punker. He later graduated to death metal and hardcore before discovering hip-hop In the mid-2010s via groups like Three 6 Mafia and Dirty.
• Ghostemane is an avid reader of books about science and religion. He has a degree in astrophysics.
• Less than two years after he began rapping, Ghostemane found success with the 2016 single “Andromeda,” which has surpassed 50 million video views.
• In 2017, the art collective TRASH GANG edited 1930s animation for the music video to Ghostemane’s “Mercury: Retrograde.” It’s earned more than 278 million views.
• Also in 2017, Ghostemane teamed up with Florida rapper Pouya for “1000 Rounds.” The music video—which showcases the duo’s wild live shows—has more than 27 million views.
• His 2020 album ANTI-ICON marked his eighth full-length in five years. The prolific artist also releases music via side projects like the black metal side project Baader-Meinhof.
HOMETOWNWest Palm Beach, FL
BORNApril 15, 1991