About Night Lovell
An enduring figure from the mid-2010s cloud-rap movement, Canadian rapper and producer Night Lovell creates brooding and inventive music.
• Lovell hails from Ottawa, Canada. The “1855” tattoo on his back signifies the year the city was incorporated.
• His father—whose middle name is Lovell—was an Ottawa rapper in the ’90s known as MC Renegade.
• In high school, Lovell was a homebody who began posting beats online. He eventually pivoted to rapping and wrote “Dark Light” during English class. In less than a day, he recorded the song and posted it. It now has more than 200 million streams.
• He included “Dark Light” on his self-released 2014 debut album, Concept Vague.
• Night’s track “BUMBLE BEE”—off his 2019 album Goodnight Lovell—has surpassed 150 million streams across platforms. The music video features Transformers footage involving the yellow Chevy Camaro.
• As of 2019, Lovell was still in the habit of recording himself in a closet, almost exclusively at night.
HOMETOWNOttawa, Ontario, Canada
BORNMay 29, 1997