About Danny Gokey
Danny Gokey is a Grammy-nominated country and contemporary Christian singer who’s best known for placing third on Season 8 of American Idol.
• The Milwaukee native started singing as a child with his family in church. He later worked for more than eight years as a worship leader at his local church.
• Gokey entered the national spotlight in 2008, when he auditioned for American Idol just four weeks after his wife’s death.
• After finishing third, he signed to 19 Recordings/RCA Nashville, becoming the first male Idol contestant to ink a deal with a major country label.
• His 2010 debut album, My Best Days, debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard 200.
• After leaving the label in 2011, Gokey released the Love Again EP in 2012, followed by a memoir in 2013.
• Gokey dropped his sophomore album, Hope in Front of Me, in 2014 and returned with a Christmas album, Christmas Is Here, in 2015.
• The singer’s 2017 album Rise earned a Grammy nomination for Best Contemporary Christian Album. He was nominated for that same award two years later, for his 2019 album Haven’t Seen It Yet.
BORNApril 24, 1980