About Ashley Tisdale
Singer and actress Ashley Tisdale rocketed to fame as the star of the Disney Channel’s High School Musical film series before finding success as a solo pop artist.
• Tisdale started acting and signing in her youth. She took theater roles and commercial acting gigs before landing on the Disney Channel and hitting it big with High School Musical in 2006. The soundtrack album reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
• Two of the movie’s singles, “Bop to the Top” and “What I’ve Been Looking For,” made Tisdale the first female artist to debut with two songs on the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time.
• The singer rode the wave of popularity by releasing her debut album, Headstrong, in 2007. It debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200.
• Two more successful High School Musical installments and accompanying soundtracks followed in 2007 and 2008. She also released a sophomore album, 2009’s Guilty Pleasure, before focusing on acting over music.
• She returned to music with the 2019 album Symptoms, produced by John Feldmann of the ska-punk band Goldfinger.
BORNJuly 2, 1985