About Vanessa Hudgens
Best known as the leading lady of Disney Channel’s High School Musical film series, actress and singer Vanessa Hudgens released two albums during her brief solo music career.
• After a handful of early film and TV roles, Hudgens got her big break in 2006, when she landed the role of Gabriella Montez in High School Musical. “Breaking Free,” her duet with co-star Zac Efron, reached the Top 5 of the Billboard Hot 100 and went platinum.
• Highlighted by the hit “Come Back to Me,” Hudgens’ 2006 debut solo album, V, went gold.
• Between the second and third installments of the High School Musical trilogy, Hudgens squeezed in her 2008 sophomore album, Identified, which just missed the Top 20 of the Billboard 200.
• After the third movie, Hudgens announced that she would take a break from music to devote herself to acting. However, after starring in Spring Breakers, Hudgens collaborated with pop group YLA on “$$$ex,” a single inspired by the 2012 film.
• Hudgens and Canadian singer-songwriter Shawn Hook’s 2016 single “Reminding Me” went double platinum in Canada.
• In 2018, Hudgens teamed up with the electronic duo Phantoms for the streaming hit “Lay With Me.”
BORNDecember 14, 1988