One of the biggest names in EDM, Dutch DJ and producer Hardwell dominated the early-’10s electronic festival scene with bass-thumping beats and harsh synth melodies.
• He began his musical journey with piano lessons at age four and signed his first record deal when he was just 14.
• Hardwell is from the same town in the Netherlands as international DJ Tiesto, whose music he grew up idolizing. In 2011, Hardwell and Tiesto collaborated on the single “Zero 76,” named for their town’s telephone prefix.
• His 2012 single “Spaceman” typified the “EDM” of the era and defined what would be known as “big room” house. It went gold in the US and catapulted Hardwell to the top of the electronic music world.
• In 2013 and 2014, he was voted the No. 1 DJ in the world by DJ Mag readers. He’s also taken home six DJ Awards, 17 International Dance Music Awards, an MTV European Music Awards for Best Dutch Act, and a World Dance Music Radio Award for Best Dance Floor Track.
• In late 2018, Hardwell announced a touring hiatus in order to focus on his family, personal well-being, and studio productions.
HOMETOWNBreda, The Netherlands
BORNJanuary 7, 1988