DJ Fresh’s malleable production style has allowed him to collaborate with dozens of rappers as part of his long-running The Tonite Show series.
• After splitting his childhood between Baltimore and the Bay Area, Fresh broke into the industry as Nas’ tour DJ when he was just a teenager.
• He sometimes goes by the alias The World’s Freshest to avoid confusion with the British artist DJ Fresh.
• In 2005, Fresh launched his The Tonite Show series of mixtapes, which has featured rappers like Freddie Gibbs, Raekwon, and Mozzy.
• Fresh made Billboard’s Heatseekers Albums chart with the menacing 2013 collection Miracle & Nightmare On 10th Street, a joint project with Oakland rapper J. Stalin.
• He was named one of XXL’s 30 best hip-hop producers of 2016.
• In 2019, Fresh earned six production credits on Wiz Khalifa’s stoner-friendly mixtape Fly Times, Vol. 1: The Good Fly Young.
BORNNovember 2, 1981