Diamond-certified, Grammy-winning production savant Cardo (or Cardo Got Wings) has so many hit records under his belt that he can barely name them all.
• Cardo began making beats in his teens after his father gave him and his brother the video game MTV Music Generator. The two would sell their beats to their neighbors.
• In 2010, Cardo began producing for Pittsburgh rappers Chevy Woods, Wiz Khalifa, and Mac Miller. Later that year, he landed two placements on Wiz’s breakout mixtape Kush & Orange Juice.
• In an impressive 2016, the beatmaker produced ScHoolboy Q’s double-platinum “THat Part” and Travis Scott’s quintuple-platinum “goosebumps.”
• The following year, Cardo teamed up with L.A. rappers G Perico and Jay Worthy to form G-Worthy and release an eponymous debut EP through Fool’s Gold Records.
• Cardo produced Kendrick Lamar’s “Big Shot” for the 2018 blockbuster Black Panther: The Album. That same year, he earned a coproducer credit on Drake’s diamond-certified summer anthem “God’s Plan,” which won a Grammy for Best Rap Song. The song is built on a Cardo instrumental.
• In 2020, Cardo and Drake reunited for “Laugh Now Cry Later,” which reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100.