Benny the Butcher
About Benny the Butcher
Part of the famed Griselda collective, Buffalo rapper Benny the Butcher found success in his 30s with a ’90s-influenced sound built on soul samples, rugged street narratives, and accomplished lyricism.
• When he was 10, Benny became a huge fan of the preteen hip-hop and R&B group Another Bad Creation. He knew then music was his future.
• Using the name B.E.N.N.Y.—“Best Ever N New York”—the rapper launched his career in the ’00s. Full-length projects from that era include The Mayor’s Back and Chains Bond.
• In the mid-’10s, Benny became a member of Griselda, the label and collective founded by his cousins Westside Gunn and Conway the Machine. The trio released the album WWCDin 2019.
• Benny earned raves for the 2018 album Tana Talk 3 and 2019 mixtape The Plugs I Met, featuring Black Thought, Pusha T, and Jadakiss.
• In April 2020, Benny announced a deal between his long-running Black Soprano Family imprint and the entertainment conglomerate eOne.
BORNNovember 27, 1984