Rapper Token’s lightning-fast flow and clever wordplay made him an internet sensation while he was still in high school.
• As a kid, Token was told that his brain couldn’t process language properly. He began writing in a diary to cope with the anxiety, depression, and embarrassment he felt being in special education classes.
• Influenced by the likes of Eminem and 2Pac, he began writing raps when he was 10. He first gained attention uploading freestyles to YouTube and earned millions of views with 2015’s brash “No Sucka MCs.”
• He independently released his debut album, Eraser Shavings, in 2016.
• Also in 2016, Token’s impassioned freestyle on the radio show Sway in the Morning brought cohost Tracy G to tears.
• His 2018 Between Somewhere project includes “And You,” featuring Bas and IDK, and the rapid-fire “YouTube Rapper,” featuring Tech N9ne.
• Token teamed up with rapper Ohana Bam for “All Roads Lead Home,” off 2019’s Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw soundtrack.