London drum ’n’ bass producer Wilkinson emerged as an underground hero in the early 2010s before earning widespread attention with his 2012 breakout single “Afterglow.”
• Mark Wilkinson started out playing guitar and drums. After realizing his love for dance music at age 14, he began producing drum ’n’ bass tracks and eventually earned a deal with RAM Records, the label cofounded by D’n’B legend Andy C.
• Following a series of singles, Wilkinson won Best Breakthrough Producer at the UK’s 2012 National D&B Awards.
• Wilkinson’s 2012 single “Afterglow,” featuring uncredited vocals from The Voice UK alum Becky Hill, was a Top 10 hit on the UK charts. The song appears on Wilkinson’s full-length debut, Lazers Not Included, which reached No. 2 on the UK dance charts and topped the iTunes dance charts in 10 countries.
• His 2017 sophomore album, Hypnotic, featuring vocalists like rapper Wretch 32 and singer-songwriter Jem Cooke, debuted atop the UK dance charts.
• Wilkinson and fellow British artist Sub Focus teamed up for the 2020 album Portals, which hit No. 1 on the UK dance charts.
BORNApril 18, 1989