Blending soul, electronica, rock, and pop, the band Six60 has scored a series of chart-topping albums and singles in their native New Zealand.
• The group formed in the city of Dunedin, where the band members were attending the University of Otago. They took the band name from the address of the house they shared at 660 Castle St.
• Six60’s debut single, 2010’s “Rise Up 2.0,” reached No. 5 on the New Zealand singles chart, fell out of the Top 40, and then climbed all the way up to No. 1. The band’s second No. 1 hit came on the 2014 single “Special.”
• The group released its first three LPs in 2011, 2015, and 2019. Each is self-titled, and each reached No. 1 on the New Zealand charts.
• From 2010 to 2020, Six60 sent 13 singles into the Top 10.
• As of 2021, the band has won nine New Zealand Music Awards, including six in 2012, when Six60 won Best Group and their song “Don’t Forget Your Roots” won Single of the Year.
ORIGINDunedin, New Zealand