Nepali producer Sagun has risen to international fame with his lush, lo-fi hip-hop and R&B beats.
• Born in Nepal, Sagun draws inspiration from Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, and J. Cole.
• He learned to make music by watching YouTube tutorials when he was 17.
• After teaching himself how to use the digital audio software FL Studio, Sagun began uploading his productions onto SoundCloud.
• In 2017, Sagun released his first single, “I’ll Keep You Safe,” which samples the singer and mysterious internet phenomenon Shiloh Dynasty.
• Sagun left his native country for the first time in 2019 to record music in London. In April 2020, he released the EP feathers, featuring British R&B artists Kali Claire and The KTNA.