About Ryan Beatty
After shedding his straight teen pop-star persona, California singer-songwriter Ryan Beatty found himself a new home within the eclectic pocket of alternative pop.
• A popular YouTube cover artist, Beatty had already amassed more than 1 million subscribers by the time he released his 2011 debut single, “Every Little Thing,” which made the Top 100 of the iTunes Pop Charts.
• Beatty cracked the Billboard 200 with his 2012 debut EP, Because of You.
• Following a hiatus, Beatty reemerged in 2016. After coming out as gay, he debuted his new sound with “Passion,” an electronic R&B-influenced cut.
• His 2018 debut album, Boy in Jeans, was accented by “Haircut,” an ode to his sexual liberation. The dreamlike single became a major streaming hit.
• In 2019, Beatty sang background vocals on Tyler, The Creator’s “I THINK,” off the rapper’s Grammy-winning album IGOR.
• The following year, he released his identity-themed Dreaming of David, an album inspired by the patience Michaelangelo exhibited while sculpting the statue of David.
BORNSeptember 25, 1995