Purple Disco Machine
About Purple Disco Machine
German DJ and producer Purple Disco Machine blends funk, soul, disco, and house. A highly sought-out remixer, he’s reworked tracks for the likes of Lady Gaga, Gorillaz, and Fatboy Slim.
• Purple Disco Machine is the alias of Tio Piontek, a native of Dresden. The DJ/producer released music in the mid-2000s as Stereofunk before establishing a new moniker and a sound that reflected his name in 2009.
• Purple Disco Machine’s 2017 debut album, Soulmatic, features a diverse cast of vocalists, ranging from CeeLo Green and Karen Harding to Faithless and Kool Keith.
• His 2018 remix of Fatboy Slim’s “Praise You” revived the British DJ’s UK chart-topper nearly 20 years after its release.
• In 2020, Purple Disco Machine scored a massive streaming hit with “Hypnotize,” a dance-pop collaboration with Sophie and the Giants. The single charted across Europe and reached No. 1 in Poland.
• Also in 2020, Purple Disco Machine remixed Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande’s hit collaboration “Rain On Me.”