About Peter Hollens
Classically trained a cappella singer Peter Hollens became a social media sensation with his covers of pop songs and film and video game themes.
• While studying at the University of Oregon, Hollens cofounded On the Rocks, the state’s first official collegiate a cappella group.
• In 2010, he and On the Rocks competed on the NBC series The Sing-Off. They were eliminated in the sixth round.
• The following year, he started his own YouTube channel to showcase his singing talents. Thanks largely to his covers of popular songs—everything from Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger” to Star Wars medleys—the channel had surpassed 2.6 million subscribers by 2021.
• Hollens landed a deal with Sony Masterworks in 2014 and released a self-titled album that year. Guests include Sabrina Carpenter and Beach Boys legend Brian Wilson.
• In 2017, he and his wife, Evyne Hollens, cofounder of the a cappella group Divisi, performed in the revue Home for the Holidays on Broadway.
• The singer has released numerous albums of covers, including 2019’s Magically Legendary Covers, Vol. 1, a collection of songs from Disney films.
BORNMarch 4, 1982