About Mika Singh
Whether singing, rapping, composing or acting, Mika Singh channels his indomitable energy into a raft of Indian pop, Bollywood and Punjabi bangers.
• Singh (whose birth name is Amrik) grew up around music. His father was a devotional singer, while his older brothers—Daler Mehndi and the late Shamsher Singh—are considered crucial figures in Indian pop and bhangra.
• His 1998 album Saawan Mein Lag Gayee Aag includes the titular Punjabi pop song that would later bring Singh great success in different iterations. A hit 2020 version from the Bollywood soundtrack to the film Ginny Weds Sunny pairs the singer with Neha Kakkar and rapper Badshah, set to music by Payal Dev.
• Many of his smashes were composed by fellow Bengali luminary Pritam, including his trademark Bollywood hit “Bas Ek Kinng”—a mighty collab with Neeraj Shridhar, Ashiesh Padnit and Hard Kaur—from 2008’s Singh Is Kinng.
• He got his first lead role in Punjabi movie Mitti (2010) but he’s also composed music and produced for both the big screen and streaming video.
• Singh is a household name thanks to several TV shows he took part in as judge and mentor, such as The Voice India and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. He also won the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Singer for 2014’s Mission Sapne.
• While best known for his ear-catching party starters, Singh powerfully captured the spirit of the times in 2020 single “Quarantine Love”, a tender cover of R.D. Burman’s “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain”.