About Marian Hill
Best known for landing their song “Down” in a 2016 Apple AirPods commercial, the alt-pop duo Marian Hill combines electronic beats, smoldering vocals, and the occasional saxophone to create a dark and jazzy sound all their own.
• Marian Hill is singer Samantha Gongol and producer/musician Jeremy Lloyd. The two met in their hometown of Havertown, Pennsylvania, during a middle school production of The Music Man. The characters “Marian Paroo” and “Harold Hill” inspired the group’s name.
• The pair formed Marian Hill in college. In 2015, they signed to Republic Records and released a seven-song project, Sway.
• The group’s 2016 single “Down” appeared in an Apple commercial and reached No. 21 on the Billboard Hot 100.
• Marian Hill’s 2016 debut album, ACT ONE, reached No. 3 on Billboard’s Alternative Albums chart. A deluxe double-disc edition features rapper Big Sean on a new “Down” mix.
• Their 2020 sophomore album, Unusual, was another Top 20 hit on Alternative Albums.