French DJ and producer Madeon burst onto the scene with a unique style that blends electro and house with traditional pop hooks.
• Madeon’s best friend is fellow producer Porter Robinson. The two met in an online electronic-production forum when Robinson was 12 and Madeon was 14.
• His breakout 2011 hit “Pop Culture” is a mash-up of 39 famous pop tunes by Daft Punk, Madonna, Gorillaz, and more. It was played and recorded in one take on a Novation Launchpad MIDI controller. The YouTube clip has more than 54 million views.
• The 17-year-old immediately began DJing around the world, following his initial success with original hits like 2012’s “Icarus” and “The City.”
• His 2015 debut LP, Adventure, cemented his electro-pop style. The album features collaborations with Passion Pit, Mark Foster of Foster the People, and Bastille singer Dan Smith.
• In 2016, Madeon and Robinson teamed for the collaborative “Shelter” single and tour, which culminated with a headline performance at Coachella.
• Madeon’s 2018 sophomore LP, Good Faith, features a maximalist, experimental pop sound, plus original lyrics and vocal performances from Madeon himself.
BORNMay 30, 1994