About Javed Ali
Javed Ali is a staple of Bollywood productions who has also worked in a slew of regional languages in India.
• Born Javed Hussain in the early 1980s, Javed was introduced to musical performance at a young age—his father, Ustad Hamid Hussain, was a well-known qawwali singer.
• Legendary ghazal singer Ghulam Ali recognised Javed’s singing potential at the age of five. In the years that followed, he gave Javed the opportunity to join him on stage at concerts.
• At age 15, Javed was encouraged by famed music director Kalyanji Virji Shah of the duo Kalyanji-Anandji to move to Mumbai and pursue a musical career. He changed his name to Javed Ali in honour of Ghulam Ali’s impact.
• Javed has become one of Bollywood’s most prolific playback singers. He has worked with music director A. R. Rahman on over a dozen films and toured with him as well. He’s also recorded extensively in Tamil, Marathi, Telugu and Gujarati.
• He’s released a number of solo albums, racking up millions of views on online platforms. On television, he has served as a a judge on reality shows like Superstar Singer, Indian Idol and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.