About Hey Violet
Founded by a group of middle school girls, the band Hey Violet has evolved from hard rock to guitar-tinged modern pop over the course of their decade-plus career.
• The band was originally known as Cherri Bomb when it formed in 2008. The name came from the book Cherry Bomb – The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Better Flirt, a Tougher Chick, and a Hotter Girlfriend, and to Living Life Like a Rock Star.
• By 2011, they’d signed to Hollywood Records and released a debut EP, Stark. This led to opening slots for acts like Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, and Bush.
• Shortly after the release of their 2012 debut album, This is the End of Control, the group parted ways with lead singer and guitarist Julia Pierce due to creative differences.
• They rebranded as Hey Violet in 2015 and released a new song, “This Is Why.” Their first EP under the new name, I Can Feel It, followed that same year on Hi or Hey Records, the label run by the Australian pop-punk band 5 Seconds of Summer.
• The group’s 2017 sophomore album, From the Outside, features the single “Guys My Age,” a Top 20 hit on Billboard’s Mainstream Top 40 chart.
ORIGINLos Angeles, CA