About Guapdad 4000
Oakland-born rapper Guapdad 4000 stands out among his hip-hop peers thanks to his sense of humor and quirky personality.
• Guapdad came up with his stage name while he and fellow Oakland artist Kehlani were talking about reviving AOL Instant Messenger and brainstorming handles.
• His 2017 debut mixtape, Scamboy Color, was a tongue-in-cheek nod to his past as a scammer.
• Along with his solo work, the rapper is part of the Zoink Gang supergroup alongside JID, Smino, and Buddy.
• Guapdad’s 2019 debut album, Dior Deposits, features guests like Torey Lanez, Chance the Rapper, and G-Eazy.
• He was among the artists invited to participate in sessions for J. Cole’s 2019 Revenge of the Dreamers III compilation. Guapdad appears on three tracks.
• He returned in 2020 with the EPs Platinum Falcon Tape, Vol. 1 and Platinum Falcon Returns. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, he also launched the “Rona Raps” freestyle series, featuring guests like Denzel Curry and Joey Bada$$.
BORNJuly 27, 1992