Chloe x Halle
About Chloe x Halle
Since making their name as young YouTube stars, the sibling duo Chloe x Halle have emerged as Beyoncé-approved, Grammy-nominated practitioners of modern R&B.
• The sisters launched their YouTube channel in 2011, posting covers of pop songs. This led to appearances on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and Radio Disney. In 2012, they won Season 5 of Radio Disney’s “Next Big Thing” competition.
• Their covers of various Beyoncé songs, including “Best Thing I Never Had” and “Pretty Hurts,” eventually earned them a deal with the superstar’s Parkwood Entertainment in 2015.
• In April 2016, Chloe x Halle appeared in Beyoncé’s visual album Lemonade and released the EP Sugar Symphony.
• Chloe x Halle’s 2018 debut studio album, The Kids Are Alright, earned Grammy nominations for Best New Artist and Best Urban Contemporary Album.
• Their second album, 2020’s Ungodly Hour, debuted at No. 16 on the Billboard 200 and garnered three more Grammy nominations for the group, including Best R&B Song for single “Do It.”
• The duo’s fans include Michelle Obama, and in 2016, they sang on “This Is For My Girls,” an all-star charity song benefiting the First Lady’s Let Girls Learn initiative.