About Bad Gyal
With her multilingual delivery, rising reggaeton star Bad Gyal has emerged as one of Spain’s most popular new artists.
• As a college student, Bad Gyal recorded “Pai,” a remix of Rihanna’s “Work,” in Catalan. The song became her breakthrough, amassing millions of video views.
• Bad Gyal released the Slow Wine Mixtape in late 2016. It features all original music sung in English, Spanish, and Catalan—plus a collaboration with reggaeton star Ms Nina.
• Before fame, Bad Gyal worked at a call center and a bread shop in the seaside town of Vilassar de Mar in Catalonia.
• The artist is proud of her Spanish and Catalan heritage—she proudly merges and integrates them into her music and public identity.
• “Alocao,” a 2019 collaborative single by Bad Gyal and Omar Montes, topped the charts in Spain. It was the first song from either artist to do so.
HOMETOWNVilassar de Mar