Electronic producer, DJ, and multi-instrumentalist 3LAU went from crafting mashups to creating original house tunes and remixing tracks by the biggest names in pop.
• 3LAU—born Justin David Blau—had a musical upbringing. His mother was a choreographer and dancer, and he learned piano and guitar before he was a teenager.
• Between his freshman and sophomore years of college, 3LAU discovered electronic music on a trip to Sweden. He soon began creating mashups and became so popular that he dropped out to focus on music, foregoing a lucrative career in finance.
• In 2018, 3LAU collaborated with world-famous gamer Ninja for the single “Game Time.” Ninja included the track on his Ninjawerks album, which also features Kaskade, Alesso, Tiësto, and Dillon Francis.
• 3LAU released his heavily instrumental debut album, Ultraviolet, in 2018. The project showcases 3LAU’s technicolor songwriting style, drawing heavily from the ’80s and vintage synthwave styles.
• Ariana Grande, Rihanna, and Katy Perry are just a few of the elite pop stars who’ve enlisted 3LAU for official remixes.