On the strength of his bass-heavy, Skrillex-influenced sound and dynamic live performances, English dubstep DJ and producer Zomboy has found considerable success in the US.
• The artist born Joshua Mellody played in rock and metal bands and worked as a sound engineer before shifting his focus to electronic music.
• In 2010, using his own name, he began posting remixes of songs by artists like Rihanna and Ellie Goulding. He adopted the Zomboy moniker in 2011 and released his debut EP, Game Time, that same year.
• Zomboy made the Top 20 of Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart with 2012’s The Dead Symphonic EP. He reached No. 3 with the following year’s Reanimated EP.
• Along with a steady stream of EPs, Zomboy released his first full-length, The Outbreak, in 2014. The LP went Top 10 on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart. The same year, he did a remix of Skrillex’s track “Ragga Bomb.”
• Zomboy’s second album, 2015’s Resurrected, also went Top 10 on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
• In 2015, Zomboy added to his growing body of remixes with a version of “Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers.
• His 2016 EP Neon Grave gave him his second No. 3 hit on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
HOMETOWNPenzance, Cornwall, England
BORNJune 1, 1989