About Yung Mal
As one-half of the duo Mal & Quil, Atlanta rapper Yung Mal earned the attention of local hero Gucci Mane and launched a promising solo career.
• Born in New Orleans, Mal moved with his family to Atlanta when he was nine. He started out rapping over beats from popular songs on his family’s computer.
• Mal enjoyed his first taste of success with the 2016 single “Str8 Out Da Pot.”
• In 2017, Mal teamed up with his friend Lil Quill to form the duo Mal & Quill. In April and May of that year, they released the projects Blessed Lil Bastards and Blessed Lil Bastards 2, respectively. They returned in November with the EP Kids of the 6, an homage to Gucci Mane that earned them a deal with the Atlanta icons’s label.
• After releasing Lil Bastards 3 with Quil in 2018, Mal dropped his solo debut, Iceburg, in 2019. Guests include Gunna and Gucci Mane.
• Mal followed it up with the 2020 full-length 6 Rings, plus the EP Iceberg Sosa, made in collaboration with Sosa 808.
HOMETOWNNew Orleans, LA
BORNAugust 13, 1995