About Yung Joc
Atlanta rapper Yung Joc's 2006 single “It's Goin’ Down” is a triple-platinum example of mid-2000s ringtone rap from Diddy's former flagship artist at Bad Boy South.
• Before he was famous, Yung Joc wrote a jingle for Revlon. He got the opportunity with help from his father, who worked in the cosmetics industry.
• Yung Joc’s “It’s Goin’ Down” began as an independent Atlanta club track in 2005. Executive Russell “Block” Spencer presented the song to Diddy, who then signed Joc to Bad Boy South.
• “It’s Goin’ Down” hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and crossed over to No. 3 on the Hot 100. It earned a Grammy nomination for Best Rap Song.
• Promoting Mission: Impossible III, Tom Cruise famously did the motorcycle dance to “It’s Goin’ Down” while appearing on BET’s 106 & Park.
• Joc’s 2006 debut album, New Joc City, reached No. 1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
• In 2007, Joc reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 as a guest on T-Pain’s “Buy U a Drank (Shawty Snappin’).”
• Joc was a cast member on Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta and another Vh1 reality series, Scared Famous.
BORNSeptember 20, 1980