About tobi lou
Nigeria-born, Chicago-raised rapper and producer tobi lou has created a unique sound and aesthetic informed by his nostalgic love for films and animated shows.
• A talented baseball player, tobi was a member of the Joliet Slammers, a Minor League Baseball team, until a hamstring injury ended his career.
• He then relocated to Los Angeles, where he collaborated with artists as a songwriter and producer while driving an Uber.
• In 2016, tobi made his debut with “Game Ova,” a viral single that garnered more than 1.5 million streams on SoundCloud.
• His debut EP, tobi lou and the Moon, arrived in 2018. Soon after, he released the single “Troop,” featuring Smino. Its trippy Glassface-directed music video garnered more than 5 million video views.
• Also in 2018, he released tobi lou and the Loop and tobi lou and the Juice. The former’s cartoon-inspired “Buff Baby” went viral and earned a gold certification.
• In 2019, tobi issued his debut album, Live on Ice, executive produced by veteran beatmaker No ID. He returned the following year with Lingo Starr, which explores race relations in America.