Australian DJ and producer Throttle’s self-described “dirty disco” style of dance music earned him the honor of becoming the first-ever official remixer of Earth, Wind & Fire’s 1978 classic “September.”
• Inspired by Ministry of Sound compilations, Throttle began DJing at 13 years old. He soon segued into producing his own tracks.
• In 2013, Throttle’s remix of Avicii “You Make Me” caught the ear of the Swedish DJ. Avicii subsequently took the newcomer on tour and became something of a mentor.
• Throttle released his official remix of Earth, Wind & Fire’s “September” in 2015. He first started working on the track in 2014, while he was in high school.
• Throttle’s admiration for ’70s-era dance music is obvious in his groove-friendly, modern take on funk. Required listening: 2018’s “Disco Night.”
• Hillary Clinton repeatedly played the then-19-year-old Throttle’s galvanizing track “Together” at her campaign rallies while running for president in 2016.
• “Tell Me You Love Me,” his standout 2017 collaboration with Galantis, spent 15 weeks on the Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic chart.