About Thievery Corporation
The electronic music duo Thievery Corporation produces worldly downtempo electronica informed by bossa nova, dub reggae, jazz, Latin music, and more.
• Rob Garza and Eric Hilton met in 1995 at Hilton’s Eighteenth Street Lounge in Washington, D.C. The two producers and multi-instrumentalists bonded over their love of ’60s bossa nova music.
• Thievery Corporation’s acclaimed 1997 debut, Sounds From The Thievery Hi-Fi, sold more than 100,000 copies worldwide and just missed the Top 10 on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
• Their 1998 single “Lebanese Blonde” scraped the bottom of the UK charts and was included on the soundtrack for the film Garden State in 2004.
• With 2005’s The Cosmic Game and 2008’s Radio Retaliation, Thievery Corporation managed back-to-back No. 1 albums on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
• The politically charged Radio Retaliation features such guest vocalists as Nigerian musician Femi Kuti and Chuck Brown, a pioneer of the D.C. funk subgenre known as go-go.
• As befits their wide range of musical influences, Thievery Corporation has released songs in Spanish, Italian, French, Porteguese, Hindi, and more.