About The Wanted
Boy band The Wanted scored three Top 10 albums in the UK during their five-year run from 2009 to 2014.
• The Wanted sent 10 Top 10 singles up the U.K. pop charts, including two that reached the top spot.
• The five singers were selected from more than 1,000 hopefuls who auditioned for the group during an open call in 2009.
• The Wanted reached the top of the charts in 2010 with their first single, “All Time Low.” The song was also the opening track on the group’s self-titled debut album, released that same year.
• Their second album, 2011’s Battleground, was their most successful, reaching the Top 10 in six countries, including the UK.
• After a third album, Word of Mouth, in 2013, The Wanted went on an indefinite hiatus while the musicians pursued other projects.