About The Corrs
Best known for their 2000 single “Breathless,” a Top 40 hit in 10 countries, Irish pop band the Corrs comprise three sisters and their brother.
• Guitarist Jim Corr and violinist Sharon Corr first played together as a duo before Andrea (ukulele, tin whistle) and Caroline (drums) rounded out the group in 1990.
• All four siblings appeared in The Commitments, a 1991 film about a Dublin soul band. Andrea Corr had a speaking role as Sharon Rabbitte, the younger sister of the main character.
• After performing in Boston for the 1994 FIFA World Cup festivities, the Corrs auditioned for Atlantic Records and landed a deal. Their first album, 1995’s Forgiven, Not Forgotten, became a hit across Europe, reaching No. 2 in Ireland and the UK and yielding the Top 10 single “Runaway.”
• In 1996, the group appeared on an episode of the teen drama Beverly Hills, 90210, performing the title track from Forgiven, Not Forgotten at the fictional Peach Pit on New Year’s Eve.
• The Corrs’ second album, 1997’s Talk on Corners, topped the charts in Ireland and the UK and yielded the band’s second Top 10 hit, “Only When I Sleep.”
• Thanks in part to “Breathless,” the quartet broke through in the US with their third album, 2000’s In Blue. The album reached the Top 40 and hit No. 1 in a dozen other countries, including Ireland and the UK.
• After two more No. 1 albums in Ireland—2004’s Borrowed Heaven and 2005’s Home (a collection of mostly traditional numbers)—the Corrs went on hiatus in 2006 to raise families and pursue solo projects.
• The Corrs returned in 2015 with White Light, which reached the Top 10 in Ireland, and released their seventh album, Jupiter Calling, in 2017.
ORIGINDundalk, County Louth, Ireland