About Styles P
As a solo artist and member of The Lox, rapper Styles P was a cornerstone of NYC hip-hop in the late ’90s and early ’00s.
• The Yonkers MC formed The Lox in 1994 with childhood pals Jadakiss and Sheek Louch.
• After signing to Bad Boy Records in 1995, The Lox appeared on hit singles like Diddy’s “It's All About the Benjamins” and Mariah Carey's “Honey" remix.
• In 2002, Styles P released his solo debut, A Gangster and a Gentleman, via Ruff Ryders Entertainment. The album peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard 200.
• The rapper is best known for his 2002 solo breakout single "Good Times,” which reached No. 22 on the Billboard Hot 100.
• He became a published author with the release of his 2010 crime novel Invincible.
• In 2011, Styles P and fellow Lox member Jadakiss launched the juice bar Juices For Life, which has multiple locations across New York City.
HOMETOWNNew York, NY [Queens]
BORNNovember 28, 1974