Static & Ben El
About Static & Ben El
Israeli pop group Static & Ben El have notched a slew of hit singles in their home country and collaborated with superstars from around the globe.
• Singers Liraz “Static” Russo and Ben El Tavori and producer Yarden “Jordi” Peleg were pursuing their respective solo careers before they first collaborated in 2015 on “#DubiGal,” a 2015 single by the Israeli rapper SkyDaMac.
• Static & Ben El released their first single, “Barbie,” later in 2015, though the group didn’t hit the charts until their fourth single, 2016’s “Stam,” which reached No. 1.
• The group is known to embrace other cultures. Their 2017 hit “Tudo Bom,” or “Everything’s Good,” features Portuguese lyrics and elements of Brazilian music. With 2018’s “Namaste” single and music video, they pay homage to Jamaican and Indian culture.
• Their biggest hit so far came early in 2020 with “Further Up (Na, Na, Na, Na, Na),” featuring the American rapper Pitbull. The song was a No. 1 hit in Israel, and it reached No. 15 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart in the US.
• Static & Ben El have also collaborated with American rap group Black Eyed Peas, Colombian reggaeton singer J Balvin, and the Israeli singers Anna Zak and Miri Meskia.