About Sleepy Tom
Canadian DJ and producer Sleepy Tom makes bright and bouncy dance pop that’s led to collaborations with heavy hitters across the electronic scene.
• Sleepy Tom—born Cameron Tatham—learned to play guitar at age 10 and started writing songs soon after. In high school, he played in rock bands that covered songs by Iron Maiden and Metallica.
• Inspired by the likes of Justice and MSTRKRFT, he started producing with GarageBand and Reason software in 2007.
• He dropped his debut EP, The Currency, in 2013, the same year he remixed Diplo’s Lazerdisk Party Sex collab “Set It Off.”
• The “Set It Off” remix led to a collaboration with Diplo on the 2015 single “Be Right There.” It charted in more than a dozen countries and went Top 10 in the UK, where it was certified gold.
• Artists like Porter Robinson, Zeds Dead, Martin Solveig, and Dillon Francis have commissioned Sleepy Tom for official remixes.
• On his 2019 EP Amateurs, he experiments with summery synth-pop sounds and guitar licks. Fellow Canadian artist Lights guests on the title track.
• An online video game released alongside Amateurs features Sleepy Tom and collaborators as characters who fight the Illuminati.
HOMETOWNSquamish, British Columbia
BORNJanuary 5, 1990