The British drum ’n’ bass duo Sigma offers euphoric, uplifting chord progressions—often paired with inspiring vocals.
• Sigma founders Cameron Edwards and Joe Lenzie met in 2006 at Leeds University. They soon relocated to London and launched the group as a trio with Ben Mauerhoff, who ultimately left to become a sound designer.
• Edwards and Lenzie launched their own label, Life Recordings, in 2009. The imprint’s first release was an explosive, breakneck VIP (variance in production) edit of their own track, “El Presidente.”
• The Drum & Bass Arena Awards named Sigma “best newcomers” in 2009.
• In 2014, the duo scored two No. 1 hits on the UK charts: “Nobody To Love” and “Changing,” featuring Paloma Faith. Both songs appear on the group’s 2015 debut album, Life.
• In addition to D’n’B, Sigma has dabbled in the realms of house and bass music.
ORIGINLeeds, Yorkshire, England