About Scott Helman
Canadian singer-songwriter Scott Helman tackles everything from love and grief to climate change and social activism with his lyric-driven brand of pop music.
• Shortly after receiving a guitar for Christmas at age 9, Helman transferred to an art school, where he became determined to pursue a music career.
• At 15, he signed a developmental deal with Warner Music Canada. His 2014 EP Augusta features the single “Bungalow,” which went Top 40 on Billboard’s Canadian Hot 100 en route to going platinum.
• In 2017, he released his debut album Hôtel De Ville, named for a street where he was living in Montreal. Two of the LP’s singles went gold in Canada, and one, “PDA,” went platinum.
• Helman’s 2019 single “EVERGREEN” deals with the climate crisis. He launched the #EvergreenProject as a means of raising awareness about the issue.
• The singer’s 2020 sophomore album, NonSuch Park, was inspired by his late grandfather.