New Zealand singer-songwriter Robinson blends elements of pop and folk to tell honest stories of love, growth, and self-discovery.
• Anna Robinson grew up singing and playing piano. Influenced by ABBA and Taylor Swift, she began writing songs in high school.
• While in college, Robinson formed a duo with her classmate NÏKA, the younger sister of the New Zealand sibling duo Broods. She caught the attention of Broods’ management, the independent label Dryden Street.
• Through the label, Robinson released her 2017 debut solo single, “Don’t You Forget About Me,” followed by “Crave You” that same year.
• In 2018, Robinson signed to Universal Music Publishing Australia and released her breakout single “Nothing to Regret,” coproduced by Joel Little, best known for his work with New Zealand superstar Lorde. “Nothing to Regret” went platinum in New Zealand and double platinum in Australia.
• “Nothing to Regret” earned Robinson two nominations at the 2019 Vodaphone New Zealand Music Awards: Breakthrough Artist of the Year and Single of the Year.
• After inking a deal with Sony Music Australia, Robinson delivered her debut EP, Watching You. The project’s title track was a Top 20 hit on New Zealand’s Hot 40 Singles chart.
HOMETOWNNelson, New Zealand