The English pop group Rixton earned a record deal after their jokey cover of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” caught the ear of music exec Scooter Braun. They later evolved into the pop outfit push baby.
• After leaving school, Manchester natives Jake Roche and Danny Wilkin began writing music together. Charley Bagnall joined up later, followed by Lewi Morgan.
• Originally known as Relics, they began posting covers on YouTube. In 2012, they released a playful rendition of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” Their performance caught the attention of music executive Scooter Braun, who signed them to SB Projects.
• The group issued their debut single, 2014’s “Me and My Broken Heart,” under the name Rixton. (Relics was already taken.) The single reached No. 1 in the UK and went Top 20 in the US.
• Although their 2015 debut, Let the Road, went Top 20 in the UK, the group disappeared from the spotlight the following year.
• In 2019, they returned with Woah, their first EP as push baby. Shortly after its release, Wilkin and Morgan left the group.