About R. City
Sibling songwriting and production duo R. City (or Rock City) left their native Saint Thomas to pursue their musical dreams in America. They eventually became the force behind some of the biggest pop hits of the 2000s and 2010s.
• After high school, Theron and Timothy Thomas relocated to Miami to begin their music career. They were later discovered by Akon, who featured their single “The Rain” on his triple platinum Konvicted album in 2006.
• In 2007, the siblings joined Akon’s KonLive Distribution. While waiting to release their debut album, they issued a few installations of their P.T.F.A.O (Put the F**king Album Out) mixtape series.
• Throughout the latter half of the 2010s, R. City cowrote hits like Sean Kingston’s “Take You There,” Rihanna’s “Man Down,” and Pussycat Dolls’ “When I Grow Up.”
• In 2011, they split with Akon and formed their own label, Rebelution Records. They continued cowriting hits like Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” and Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” both from 2013.
• Through Kemosabe Records, R. City finally released their debut album, What Dreams Are Made Of, in 2015. Lead single “Locked Away,” featuring Adam Levine, was a Top 10 US hit.
• R. City’s subsequent notable songwriting credits include Beyoncé’s “All Night” from the Grammy-winning 2016 album Lemonade and Lizzo’s platinum 2019 smash “Juice.”
ORIGINSt. Thomas, Virgin Islands