About Peking Duk
The Australian electronic duo Peking Duk are known for their wild live shows and good-time party jams—many of which have charted in their home country.
• Before Peking Duk, cofounder Reuben Styles played bass in the indie band Rubycon. Adam Hyde was an MC in a string of hip-hop ensembles.
• The duo came up with their name while eating—you guessed it—Peking duck at a Chinese restaurant.
• Peking Duk’s 2012 remix of Passion Pit’s “Take a Walk” earned widespread coverage on dance music blogs.
• The duo’s 2015 debut EP, Songs to Sweat To, spawned two Top 10 Australian singles: “High” and “Take Me Over.”
• Their 2018 sophomore EP, Reprisal, went triple platinum in their home country.
• In 2020, Peking Duk teamed up with Aussie DJ/producer Benson for “Stay the F**k Home,” a song urging people to stay home during the COVID-19 pandemic.