About Paolo Nutini
Scottish singer-songwriter Paolo Nutini brings a classic soul sensibility to buoyant modern pop songs that have made him a star in his native UK.
• As a teenager, Nutini worked shifts in his family’s fish-and-chips shop in between making demos at a local recording studio.
• Nutini credits his musical development to his piano-playing grandfather, who introduced him to music by The Drifters and Fats Domino.
• Nutini was 19 when he released his first LP, 2006’s These Streets. The album made it to No. 3 on the UK chart.
• His critically acclaimed third album, 2014’s Caustic Love, featured futuristic hip-hop and R&B singer Janelle Monáe on the track “Fashion.”
• Nutini sang as part of the opening ceremony concert for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, appearing with Duran Duran, Snow Patrol, and Stereophonics.
BORNJanuary 9, 1987