Led by Australian singer, songwriter, and producer Jarrah McCleary, the electronic group Panama specializes in funky, feel-good synth-pop.
• Born in the rural bushlands of Australia, McCleary studied classical piano as a child.
• Before making electronic pop as Panama, McCleary fronted an Elton John–style piano band as well as the alt-rock group The Dirty Secrets.
• McCleary recorded Panama’s 2012 debut EP, It’s Not Over, with help from LCD Soundsytem associate Eric Broucek and Jim Orso of Holy Ghost!
• The follow-up EP, 2014’s Always, was certified platinum in Australia in 2020.
• Since releasing their third EP, 2017’s Hope For Something, Panama has focused more on singles, collaborating with fellow smooth electronic artists like Satin Jackets and Poolside.