About Nina Sky
Nuyorican sibling duo Nina Sky combined dancehall, pop, and R&B on the 2004 smash “Move Ya Body,” their lone US hit.
• Nina Sky comprises Nicole and Natalie Albino, identical twins from Queens, New York. Thanks to a DJ stepfather, the girls were exposed to a wide range of music growing up. Nina eventually learned to DJ and play guitar and drums.
• After the sisters began auditioning and playing showcases, they met the production team The Jettsonz, who introduced them to radio personality Cipha Sounds. Cipha encouraged them to record a song over the rhythm track from dancehall producer Cordel Burrell’s “Coolie Dance.” Thus was born “Move Ya Body.”
• Released in 2014, “Move Ya Body” made the Top 5 in the US (where it went gold) and the UK.
• Later in 2004, the twins reached No. 12 on the US pop charts as guests on N.O.R.E’s reggaeton pivot “Oye Mi Canto,” which also features Daddy Yankee, Gemstar, and Big Mato.
• After nearly cracking the Top 40 with their 2004 eponymous debut, Nina Sky weathered a series of label disputes. They released their 2010 EP The Other Side independently after leaving their second label, Polo Grounds.
• In 2012, they returned with their second studio album, Nicole and Natalie, another independent release.
FORMEDMarch 13, 1984